Saturday, April 24, 2010


Here is my new old gun, just a fresh coat of Duracoat. I had a hard time choosing what I wanted to do to it to make it "mine". To stand out from the rest. I have seen many pictures of other Steyr M series pistols but nothing other than black. I think this side arm is a superior weapon and my favorite of my pistols which include the following but not in order of favorites, Springfield .40 XDM, a great weapon, well balanced and very accurate with it's standard Match grade barrel and 16+ capacity mags, I will include pictures of it in later posts, my FNP 9, another great pistol with its low recoil to get back on target faster, accuracy, hi cap mags. I feel it would be a great carry pistol. And last but not least my Springfield 1911 Government issue with it's Powerful .45 cartridge, slim design, accuracy, after market possibilities, proven dependability and of coarse it's history and legendary service.


Back to my M40 A1. I was wanting to do something that makes it stand out but with a polymer pistol there was only so much unlike other metal framed pistols. I was trying to decide between OD or FN green. FN green is my favorite and chose it for my CETME/G3 rifle and thought it appropriate since it IS an Austrian manufactured firearm. But, when the time came I decided to go with Magpul's flat dark earth since I am going to do my newest AR 15 the same color and I have another M40A1 to do and I saw an FNP 9 the same color.

No comments:

Post a Comment